Now higher salary! Restaurant General manager job fine dining Washington, D.C. steakhouse in luxury hotel
- base salary about $90K -$110K+ w/ relocation package
- free standing restaurant inside hotel property
- frequented by VIP's and politicians
- union experience required
- owned by celebrity chef with 11 restaurant properties
- excellent benefits package
- reports to Group Vice Presidents of Operations
Premium meats and a global selection of fresh fish is the backbone of the menu, including the highest quality of raw items from East and West Coasts, uniquely creative appetizers, as well as prime cuts of meat char grilled to perfection with side dishes, including vegetables and potatoes.
BE SURE to read the full Job Description below before applying.
For more Restaurant General manager jobs, check our website http://hospitalityexecutive.com
Join our FINE DINING Restaurant Managers and chefs Jobs Group on LinkedIN. More than 18,400 members
Join us on Google+ Plus
Follow US on Twitter to be notified each time there is a new job
Hotel Restaurant General Manager JOB DESCRIPTION
The General Manager job has overall operational, financial and culinary responsibility for the restaurant. The General Manager must be the leader of the restaurant overseeing all service, guest relations, kitchen operations, accounting, administration, and room service. You also need to know how sodapdf works for documentation and editing.
Primary Duties of Restaurant General manager job:
· In a leadership role the Steakhouse General Manager is to provide the highest quality service to guests at all times, instilling the CLIENT philosophy “The client is king”. Maintain integrity of service, visit tables while on floor to solicit feedback. Responsible to help on floor when necessary.
· Ensure restaurant is properly and fully booked to ensure maximum revenue without sacrificing service.
· Ensure ambiance of restaurant including music, lighting and flowers etc are in compliance with the standards set forth the by the Vice Presidents of Operations.
· Train management staff in accordance with the standards of Culinary Concepts Hospitality Group policies and guidelines, ensuring proper knowledge of all company policies and procedures, rules and regulations. Constantly evaluate managers, chefs and all staff.
· Ensure proper reporting of all revenue, and costs. Manage all the costs of the restaurant. Ensure they are in line with the budget and/or guidelines. Ensure reporting is timely.
· Approve and sometimes hire all new employees, ensuring all paperwork is properly completed and employee files are in compliance as per Human Resources.
· Oversee the processing of the payroll. Ensure the labor cost is accurate and up to date, and all employees are properly paid. Ensure all new employees are hired using the company’s pre- determined rates of pay. Approve all increases ensuring they are within the guidelines of the Company.
· The restaurant General Manager is responsible for all staff training including creation of all manuals, new hire orientation, and on-going classroom and individual training. Responsible for creating and maintaining all side work schedules for all departments.
· Responsible for all menus to be up to date, neat and clean and that all personnel have up to date menu descriptions. This includes all new specials.
· Oversee the Plant Operations Management of the location. Oversee the maintenance and repairs
· of the restaurant. Ensure restaurant is clean and in compliance with all local and Company sanitation and food safety guidelines. Ensure staff is in compliance with the Company policy on grooming.
· Oversee purchasing of all small wares, glassware, china, silver, linen and all other necessary items for the restaurant. Ensure the proper storage and inventory of all. Maintain costs.
· Oversee the beverage/wine program. Ensure all costs are accurate and in line with the budget and/or guidelines. Ensure all beverages are properly inventoried and stored to prevent theft. Ensure all beverages are priced out to maximize profitability.
· Conduct weekly meetings with staff. Attend pre-shifts as necessary.
· Ensure quality of product from all areas is in line with the standards of Culinary Concepts Hospitality Group, especially from the kitchen. Responsible for the quality of the food and the presentation. Ensure guest satisfaction in this area.
· Create Marketing plans for the restaurant to increase revenue. Implement and follow through on all approved ideas.
· Demonstrates and promotes the CLIENT Group culture, always positively representing the Company. Promotes teamwork within the restaurant, creating a positive work environment.
· Oversee the culinary team to ensure understanding of costs, quality, proper purchasing and receiving.
· Handle all guest complaints, addressing each individually, personally and in a timely manner. Copy all responses to the Vice Presidents of Operations.
· Oversee all private events.
· Oversee and execute all approved PR requests.
Proficient in all aspects of fine dining service. Knowledge of food and beverage as well as accounting and administration. Proficient in all aspects of cost control. Effective style of management promoting a team atmosphere. Ability to inspire staff to achieve their potential. Basic understanding of food handling and sanitation requirements of the Department of Health. Able to read and understand work related literature. Possess a proven track record for guest satisfaction.
Education and Experience:
College degree or equivalent experience. Six years prior front of the house experience in a high volume establishment. Experience in various capacities of restaurant staff (ie: waiter, host, bartender, runner, etc.) strongly preferred. Participation in wine/beverage related program within the past five years.
end of Hotel Restaurant General manager job fine dining luxury Washington, D.C. hotel.