Conference / banquet Sales manager job
- salary $OPEN: tell us how much you are making now and we will make you an attractive offer
- Plus bonus
- little or no relocation allowance
- 65,000 sq. ft. banquet space
- 17,000 sq. ft. ballroom space
- large hotel MORE than 600 rooms
- this is a conference and convention hotel
As the Banquet Sales Manager, you will manage and direct the successful co-ordination of conference business and events, enquiries and bookings. You will maximize all revenue opportunities through execution of all sales strategies. You will also be responsible for managing and motivating your team. You will be required to ensure that all staff within your department are adequately trained and developed in line with company policy. Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Convention Sales, maximizes business opportunities, ensures effective communications with clients and ensures coordination with departments concerned. Ensures prompt, efficient and friendly service to all guests at all times You will actively guide and direct the whole team to ensure consistency of brand standards and a high level of performance and service delivery. This is a large hotel boasting state of the art conference and catering facilities, world class restaurants and first class guest rooms. Reporting directly into the Director of Convention Sales, this role is an integral part of the Sales team.
You will be directly responsible for the strategic planning, design and development of event plans which will maximize revenue and profit opportunities for the organization. You will be a creative individual with the ability to focus on innovative and new approaches to business and key events. You will be the pivotal point of contact between Sales and Operations so you will well versed in building and managing key relationships both internally and externally. You will help drive and develop new and existing business for the hotel, supporting the team in all market segments.
This position requires three years supervisory experience
Qualifications for Conference / Banquet Sales manager job:
* Minimum four years working with selling meetings & banquet packages
* Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships and driver revenues from established and new accounts
* Excellent communication skills.
* Pro-active approach, with strong drive for results and with a track record of achievement
* Ability to work irregulars hours, late evenings and weekends when appropriate
For more Hotel Sales jobs check our website http://hospitalityexecutive.com
For more Hotel Banquet / Conference Sales manager jobs join our Luxury Hotel USA and Canada Hospitality Network group on LinkedIN
Join us on Google+ Plus
Follow US on Twitter to be notified each time there is a new job
Join us on FACEBOOK
End of Hotel Conference / Baquet Sales manager job, Houston, TX Texas