- Excellent salary offered tax free
- you have fine dining Executive Sous Chef or Chef de Cuisine experience including Michelin starred restaurants
- French haute cuisine gastronomic background, (preferably with Japanese fine dining as well)
- be able to execute the dinner menu below
- rapid promotion to Executive Chef
- prime location in Emirates Towers, Dubai w/ rooftop lounge
- 3 concept Dinner Fine dining/ business Lunch with shares tasting formula + a la carte + rooftop terrace lounge with share style cold plate + interactive dishes Franco-Japanese cuisine inspired
- room to express your culinary ideas within the concept
- media exposure provided to advance your career
- candidates must like to develop: able to grasp the concept, execute new dish from an idea and bring culinary develop support. Looking for someone capable to take over the Executive Chef position after 2 years max as Client will open more venues.
Before you Apply BE SURE to read the Culinary Concept, Dinner Menu and Job Description below!
CLIENT opens an independent Multi-concept operation opening beginning of 2014 in DIFC, Dubai, UAE
CLIENT's goal is to establish a new bench mark by providing service and be recognized as the best concept within the hospitality business in UAE Dubai scene by offering an original quality oriented F&B program within a top of the line design and technology in order to create a desirable up beat atmosphere, attractive to an eclectic crowd including locals, business men and travelers.
During their stay at CLIENT our guests are Kings as we thrive to create a premium experience providing feelings our guest have always imagined and will never forget.
Lead by Las Vegas award winning chef Stephane Chevet, the culinary concept is influenced by a Franco Japanese food philosophy “a minimalist approach based on respect for high quality product ” enhanced by techniques, seasonings and flavors pairing.
CLIENT's restaurant venue will offer 4 distinct atmospheres and experiences: Lunch, Dinner, Lounge, and bar Club. 3 culinary concepts linked by the same culinary philosophy.
• Dinner: 120 seats (including “Kingdome” Chef’s table) the dining room transforms itself in the signature Gastronomic restaurant. The focus of the dinner menu is a cuisine based on flavor, combining temperatures, contrasting textures with a strong emphasis Franco-Japanese cuisine style and philosophy.
• Lunch: A quick pace lunch aiming to attracted DIFC business men and locals will offer sharing a la carte set up and a sharing tasting formula changing weekly.
• Bar & Lounge: over 300 seats lounge/bar equipped with a small outside kitchen to produce for the area with a menu concept oriented on fun easy signature cold plate to share “social” bites like Foie gras “lollipop”, interactive hot menu with Table robatayaki , as well a few guest interaction dish like " fondue/Shabu shabu" fruit and chocolate fondue
About CLIENT’s Lounge & bar club: An astonishing 50 meters bar with a terrace lounge area that offers a direct view on world renowned Burj Khalifa. CLIENT is equipped with the latest lights & Sound technology. The vibe and atmosphere will evolve throughout the evening as the live DJ increases beats per minutes letting the bar & club scene takes over as the night goes on.
The concept of Client's dinner menu is a French-Japanese influenced cuisine based on combining flavor, temperatures and contrasting dynamic textures.
Awaken your senses
La Soupe (v)
Vegetable, red miso soup
Les huitres “chaude “
Oysters “Wakame” Broiled Imported Kushi, zesty seaweed butter
With Caviar … AE
Le thon bleu “truffe noir”
Grade 1 Blue fin tuna Sashimi
parmesan, rocket leaves, black truffle soy vinaigrette, rice crackers
La dorade “Himalaya”
Torched Tai snapper sashimi chilled Prehistoric Himalayan salt block
bottarga, lemon oil
Le hamachi “BLT”
Yellow tail sashimi, gem lettuce, semi dried tomatoes,
turkey bacon, shallots vinaigrette, yuzu aioli
Le crabe “tomate”
Blue Crab meat, hijiki, crab tomato Jelly,
avocado, lemon ginger foam
Tartar de boeuf “souvenir d’Asie”
Asian influenced beef tartar, croutons, edamame coulis
Le caviar “royale”
Ice chilled “Golden caviar”
Tofu skin crackers, quail eggs, seaweed sponge bread
La ventrèche “caviar”
Bleu fin “OO-toro” tuna tartar, fleur de sel, ocetra caviar, gold flakes
Riz de veau “beignet”
Tempura de riz de veau, black Truffle salt, Japanese mushroom infused sauce
Indulge yourself with the treasures of our lands and seas
Le saumon “passion” (A)
“Teppanyaki” Salmon, wasabi spinach, passion fruit miso emulsion, tobiko
La langouste et la St Jacques (A)
Australian rock lobster, diver scallop, Tamaki rice, baby bok choy, uni sake butter sauce
Le cabillaud “purée”
Baked Alaskan black cod, yuzu potato purée, turkey bacon dashi, nori
Le wagyu et le foie gras (A)
Australian Wagyu beef short ribs, “Nihon” braised seared foie gras,
Le boeuf “Duo“
Imported Japanese Wagyu & French Charolais beef tenderloin, smoked salt,
Japanese mushrooms, black truffle ponzu sauce
Le poussin “citron” (A)
Vendée Farm Free range baby chicken, green beans tempura,
red shishito, confied lemon terriyaki sauce
Le canard “fumant”
….. Farm slow cooked breast, yuzu kosho,
satsumaimo croquette & honey soy reduction
Crusted mustard miso Rack New Zealand rack of lamb,
black garlic, eggplant
Les legumes “Tasting” (V)
Selection of Vegetables Tempura, Wasabi spinach
Croquette, eggplant miso
* (v) Vegetarian dish * (A) Contain alcohol
Illustration of sweet wishes
Chef’s selection of 4 cheeses sauces, condiments, walnut artisanal bread
white chocolate sphere, yuzu ice cream, fresh mixed berries, jelly and warm coulis
Le chocolat et Le lychee
Valhrona dark chocolate mousse cake, vanilla lychee, chocolate soy ice cream
La crème brulèe
Orange green tea cream brulèe, clouds of grand-marnier
Kinako mousse and Ice cream, Kuromitsu coffee syrup, Foam
Kumquat + Himezen
Vanilla, Verveine ice cream
Vanilla Soy parfait, sesame caramel, fleur de sel
Green tea orange madelaine
Yuzu Passion “Gimauve”
Chocolat sake fondant
White chocolate Green Tea
Inaniwa salt caramel
Pates de fruits
The CLIENT Experience
A symphony of flavors and textures with premium ingredients
AED 2450 per person
Les huitres “Caviar “
Oysters “Wakame” Broiled Imported Kushi,
zesty seaweed butter
La Ventreche “Cleopatra”
Blue fin belly Tartar, fleur de sel au yuzu, caviar,
gold flakes, yuba crackers
Le Thon bleu “Truffe noir”
Grade 1 Blue fin tuna Sashimi, rocket leaves
parmesan, black truffle soy vinaigrette, rice crackers
La Langouste et la St Jacques (A)
Australian rock lobster, diver scallop, Tamaki rice, baby bok choy,
uni sake butter sauce
Troup Normand “Sake”
Palate cleanser: Infused Sake granite
Riz de Veau “Beignet”
Tempura de riz de veau, salt flakes, tomato powder, oak barrel ages soy Aioli
Le Boeuf “Duo“(A)
Imported Wagyu Tenderloin, roasted mushrooms, dipping truffle ponzu sauce
Braised Short ribs with seared Foie gras
Chef’s selection of 4 cheeses sauces,
condiments, walnut artisanal bread
La Sphere “Surprise”
white chocolate sphere, yuzu ice cream, fresh mixed berries
jelly and warm coulis
Executive SOUS CHEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Under the guidance and supervision of the Executive Chef and within the policies and procedures established by CLIENT, the duties of the Executive Sous-Chef is to control the day to day Kitchen operations, to help and manage the entire BOH staff in their duties and career development.
• Ensure to maintain quality and proper presentation of food and drives the customer relation management system by ensuring that all such orders are handled correctly
• Ensure all products are rotated on a first-in, first-out philosophy.
• Ensure all products are properly labeled and stored to ensure safekeeping and sanitation.
• The Executive Sous Chef will maintain and exhibit a solid knowledge and understanding of all food products and skillfully apply culinary and cooking techniques to lead by example
• Ensure all kitchen supplies and food items required for service are restocked to par levels.
• Maintain a solid knowledge, understanding of all recipes and preparations.
• Ensure food quality is superior and takes action to correct any irregularities.
• Skillfully and knowledgably able to work each kitchen stations.
• Conduct inventory check up on a regular basis to ensure proper par and quality levels.
• Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area.
• Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment.
• Ensure kitchen equipment is properly maintained and functioning.
• Maintain supervisory & leadership role in the absence of the Executive Chef.
• Supervise guide and conduct hand on training for Head chef, Sous-Chefs, Chef de Partie and all Kitchen Workers on job responsibilities.
• Supervise stewarding and cleaning department.
• Assist Head chef, Sous-Chef, Chef de partie, Demi-Chef de Partie, Commis, Workers and Helpers as needed in execution of service and standards.
• Achieve service, financial and Human Resource goals set forth by property executives and Food and Beverage
• Participate in on / off property functions and food shows as required.
• Assist Executive chef with updating production list / food Matrix / Diagrams and overall kitchen organization to ensure efficient service execution and support knowledge resources for BOH and FOH employees.
• Work as a team, assisting all guests’, executives and employees’ needs and inquiries.
• Effectively communicate with management and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
• Assist Executive Chef by controlling food and labor cost and establishing goals and objectives that focus on profit, quality product and people.
• Assist Executive Chef with controlling of purchasing, receiving, purveyor lists, new product assessment, inventory of all kitchen items.
• Assist Executive Chef to handle employee relation issues, track employee records, disciplinary situations and miscellaneous matters.
• Attend meetings, trainings and functions as required by management.
• Able to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
• Perform all duties as deemed necessary for the success of the department.
• Uphold property, company policies and procedures.
• Develop and supervise family meal organization within provided budget.
• Communicate with Executive Chef on daily outlet operations.
• The Executive Sous Chef must be able to multi task, think fast, be an all around self starter, to work with little to no supervision.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Manage with open door policy.
• Able to develop new dishes within the Executive Chef vision and guideline of the concept.
• Attention to detail with preparation and plate presentation.
• Working knowledge of weights and measures and various cooking techniques.
• Have extensive culinary background and administrative skills.
• Thorough understanding of profit and loss management Basic mathematical skills.
• Have extensive knowledge of all kitchen equipment and operations.
• Handle a busy fast-paced, physical and mental ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with particular attention to details.
• Able to perform other job related duties as requested.
• The Executive Sous Chef must be patient, a good coach/trainer, good people manager and enjoys developing the team leading by example.
• Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Able to lead, mentor, coaches, evaluates, develops, inspires people; sets expectations, recognizes achievements, manages conflict, aligns performance goals, provides feedback, delegates.
• Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
• Working knowledge of health, safety and sanitation procedures.
• Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
• The Executive Sous Chef job is a hands on position.
• Must be creative and able to work closely with Executive Chef new ideas development.
• Previous experience working in UAE/DUBAI.
• Previous extensive culinary management experience as chef de cuisine or Executive Sous-chef with top rated fine dining restaurants
• Well verses with current culinary trends
• Experienced managing multicultural staff.
• French Gastronomic culinary background
• Chef with strong knowledge of, or Japanese cuisine experienced is a plus.
• Previous opening with training experience is plus
• Strong organizational & management skills.
We offer competitive package Tax free salary with Expat Package
end of Executive Sous Chef job fine dining Dubai, UAE restaurant Middle East.