- salary to $125K OR, flex type situation where you work a set number of hours during set times at a lower salary
- responsible for corporate quality control of about $50m F&B revenue
- core needs: high volume upscale casual experience, able to establish systems to ensure consistency across locations, and has a good palette and can taste nuances in flavor profiles.
- Free health insurance to include medical, dental, and vision
- Free life insurance
- 401(k) program eligibility with 4% match after one-year anniversary
- Paid time off
- Official job title is Corporate Culinary Quality Control Director
- this is a newly created position so there is Flexibility to refine the Job Title
- prefer Chefs from FREESTANDING restaurant groups because hotel chefs do not have to compete as much for customers
- longer tenures such as 4 years preferred over job jumper tenures.
The Corporate Culinary Quality Control Director will work to elevate the culinary Food Program already established through culinary development and focus on consistency, execution, and elevation.
The individual selected for this position must provide effective leadership, mentorship, and support to model culinary excellence to team members. The position drives a focus on quality standards, continual improvement, and professional development and training, while continuing to develop a culture of food safety and team member safety standards.
- Redefines and redevelops an on-going quality control program to ensure consistency across all restaurant locations.
- Creates and rolls out SOPS to improve production accuracy, efficiency, and eliminate potential loss.
- Conduct food tastings and evaluate food presentation
- Communicate deficiencies and opportunities to kitchen management and operations
- Rework existing recipes for improved food quality, increased guest satisfaction, and operational efficiencies.
- Make periodic and regular inspections at all restaurant locations to observe quality of recipe adherence, food preparation and service, food appearance, cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment, etc.
- Develop and maintain recipes, portion specifications, and standard preparation procedures for all dishes and ensure that all cooks are following these standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance with all company policies/service procedures/standards.
- Work as a chef in high volume restaurant to identify areas for improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in culinary field required
- Five to ten years of food industry experience, in upscale casual or fine dining restaurant a Regional Executive Chef or Multi Unit Chef at a reputable establishment
- Three plus years working experience creating and developing new menu items as well as improving current menu items.
- Understanding of high-end food quality standards including flavor profiles, presentation highlights, and service requirements. Superior ability to taste flavors and understand basic food science
- Strong organization, leadership, coaching and training skills
For MORE Restaurant Manager jobs join our Chefs and Managers jobs Group on LinkedIN – more than 98,000 members
For MORE Restaurant Manager jobs in the USA, join our Hospitality jobs USA and Canada group on LinkedIN
FOLLOW our Company Page on LinkedIn to be notified of new jobs
Follow us at our Website: http://hospitalityexecutive.com
end of Quality Control Executive Chef Director job Washington DC area.