Salary: Open. Let us know what you expect.
Scroll down to read job description before applying.
If you were Invited to APPLY eMail your Resume ONLY to the ONE person in this list who Invited you: Hawaii Hospitality Recruiter Modris Reinbergs firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. 310-691-2586 Hawaii Restaurant recruiter Kristi Basi email@example.com Pacific Islands Chef recruiter
Guada Costillas Sanico firstname.lastname@example.org
For MORE Restaurant Chef jobs join our Food Service Managers and Chefs jobs Group on LinkedIN – more than 110,000 members
For MORE Chef jobs in the USA, join our Chef jobs USA and Canada group on LinkedIN
Join our BRAND NEW USA in Pacific LinkedIn hospitality and jobs group. Invite your friends.
Follow our LinkedIN Company page to be notified of new jobs.
Follow us at our Website: http://hospitalityexecutive.com
Job Description: Store Level Chef de Cuisine Store:
Reports to: Corporate Chef and SFOC Chef de Cuisine
The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for delivering an exceptional high-quality food experience while also managing a profitable food operation. The Chef de Cuisine will collaborate with the SFOC Chefs to create and execute a must visit food establishment. The Chef de Cuisine will be responsible for delivering consistently outstanding dishes while implementing safe food handling practices, maintaining a clean and organized kitchen and managing food sales, food and supplies cost, and labor. The Chef de Cuisine will work in tandem with the restaurant manager drive strategic direction of the restaurant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this chef position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and continually monitor food production execution to ensure quality, consistency, efficiency, productivity and professionalism are at highest level.
- Conduct hands-on teaching and training in kitchen, working closely with cooks, as well as other staff as applicable who work in back-of-house, and help with food preparation and execution.
- Train and educate FOH/BOH/Store Management staff on new menu items and changes in procedures for current menu items; monitor and hold staff accountable for implementing the changes.
- Develop production methodologies to increase efficiency productivity, quality and/or consistency in kitchen.
- Develop, implement and maintain sanitation practices and protocol.
- Collaborate with SFOC Chefs on on-going menu development for our standard menus, seasonal menu changes, internal menu tastings, and special events.
- Work with SFOC Chef de Cuisine on culinary educational training programs.
- Work with restaurant manager and/or store director on special menu requests, creating menus, thinking through logistics, cost and labor.
- Take on new assignments with an eager and helpful demeanor.
- Set priorities, organize activities and resources and establish timelines.
- Achieve results within budget and on time.
- Responsible for proper ordering and inventory control.
- Work in tandem with restaurant manager and/or store director to hire, coach, counsel and conduct performance evaluations of direct reports.
- Develop, train and mentor direct reports. Act as a resource to them as well as other back-of-house personnel.
- Executes or assists disciplinary action, including termination, of culinary team when necessary according to company standards.
- Work with SFOC Chef de Cuisine to develop and conduct training seminars for cooks and kitchen helpers (and other off-premises staff as required); including but not limited to standard operating procedures, sanitation and food handling, menu standards, and presentation.
- Work with restaurant manager and/or store director to instill company culture, build morale and create an ongoing positive work environment, using established as well as newly developed initiatives.
- Attend and participate in culinary job/career fairs when appropriate.
- Accountable for meeting budgets, sales and costs for food, supplies, chemicals, labor and direct operating expenses as they pertain to the culinary department.
- Develop and maintain reports to ensure proper food usage happens.
- Manage weekly kitchen labor schedules for production and service, meeting staffing criteria/guidelines and labor budgets by utilizing forecasting tools.
- Review of forecasted vs. actual labor costs each week based on budgeted costs. Assist in developing labor cost controls based on these reports.
- Work with restaurant manager to forecast seasonal staffing levels, hiring and attainment/retention of staff.
- Edit weekly kitchen menus for portioning, menu design and other details, making changes to menus as needed.
- Manage and maintain kitchen systems and tools: order guides, master prep, shrink logs.
- Maintain back office kitchen needs.
- Fulfill all administrative responsibilities as needed.
- Attend operations meetings and communicate to sous chefs or lead cooks operational challenges, solutions, and other important issues.
- Meet weekly with restaurant manager.
- Meet weekly with SFOC Chef de Cuisine.
- Conducting pre-shift, weekly and monthly kitchen meetings, with meeting minutes and follow-up action plans.
- Work with SFOC Chef de Cuisine on preparing and conducting meetings with culinary team to review new menus, new prestation and new production methodologies.
- Always practice company culture.
- Protect assets of the property.
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with guests and associates.
- Follow policies and procedures in training manuals and associate handbook.
- Always remember we are in a partnership with our guests, fellow associates and owners to provide quality service and profitability.
Education, Training, Skills and Experience Requirements
- AOS Culinary School graduate or related training.
- Passionate culinarian with great palette and sense of presentation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, adapt to change and work well in environment with time constraints.
- Ability to troubleshoot effectively.
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills, performing work accurately and efficiently while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain systems for culinary staff and kitchen assistants.
- Ability to effectively train and develop staff and build team morale.
- Ability to hold others accountable for following company standards and procedures.
- Ability to innovate and implement new ideas.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills including delegation skills.
- Ability to meet budgets including labor, food and applicable direct operating costs.
- Possesses administrative skills: knowledge of spreadsheet, database, word processing programs, general office equipment: copier, fax, scanner.
- Able to work independently and on a team.
- Knowledge of food costing models, menu mix and engineering models.
- Knowledge of food service sanitation.
- Willingness to be open, to learn and take on new responsibilities.
- Regular, predictable attendance.
- Able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly.
- Ability to work flexible schedule including weekend and holidays in order to accommodate business levels.
- Travel, as necessary, to different properties/venues.
- Reports to work on time and in company uniform.
- Perform and execute requests from executive team.
- Follow company policies and maintain the company culture.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
- Follow proper time-keeping policies and procedures.
- Follow sign-in and sign-out procedure.
- Know and follow all company emergency and safety procedures.
- May be transferred between concepts based on the needs of the business.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May be expected to travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Sitting at a desk or table working on a computer, walking (less than 25% of the time). Vision, hearing, speech and literacy (critical). Lifting pushing, pulling or carrying up to 50lbs. repeatedly (less than 30% of the time). Bending, kneeling, continuously standing (more than 50% of the time). Using chemical agents or wearing protective clothing (less than 30% of the time).
End of Chef de Cuisine jobs, 2 needed in Hawaii at market and restaurant group.