Chef de Cuisine job – Four Seasons Hotel Resort AAA 5 Diamonds
Resumes are your chance of making a first great impression, even before you ever get in front of the interviewer.We have collected samples from real resumes for your reference. You will get free collection of real world resumes here.
- There are THREE KEYS to be the successful applicant; detail your knowledge and experience with: 1. Pacific Rim fine cuisine 2. Farm to Table cuisine 3. STILL Important but to a lesser degree – fine dining background at rated high volume establishments
- profile: someone who wants to the Next Great Chef and has a BIG personality VERSUS Ego. Four Seasons wants to be able to influence your direction assist with your development.
- part of Four Seasons Americas collection
- prefer US Chef job candidates but will consider exceptional others
- join the Four seasons talent community and get promoted from within
- Excellent pay and benefits
- Fine dining Chef background needed but this is an informal resort setting
COMPENSATION TO $80K p.a. plus full benefits
To APPLY for this Chef de Cuisine job your resume or CV MUST include:
- detail the cuisine you have produced at each of your previous jobs
- provide URL links to each of your previous restaurants
- have experience with fine resort fare
- detail your experience with “farm to table” produce which is a very important part of this job
- demonstrate experience at high volume establishments
If you want resume help, you’ll need some good resume examples to start with.
TO APPLY eMAIL Your Resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR MORE FINE DINING CHEF JOBS JOIN OUR LINKEDIN GROUPS:
FINE DINING JOBS: Chefs, Restaurant Managers, F&B Directors +
FINE DINING ASIAN CUISINE
JAPANESE CHEFS & RESTAURANT MANAGERS you need to be a Japanese chef
MICHELIN STARRED: Chefs, Restaurant Managers + you MUST have worked at Michelin Starred restaurant in the last 3 years.
JOB DESCRIPTION CHEF DE CUISINE JOB
BASIC PURPOSE: Plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees in the Kitchen Department responsible for outlet food preparation while ensuring superior quality and consistency.
1. Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline all employees in the Kitchen’s cold food production area to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met;long-range strategic planning for outlet operation. (20%)
2. Assist in the planning and development of menus and recipes, ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration, utilize creative menu planning to minimizing waste. (15%)
3. Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control. (15%)
4. Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by Four Seasons, local, state, and federal regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen. (10%)
5. Maintain control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency, monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications as well and foster an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality. (10%)
6. Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met, coordinate menu tastings and pre-meal meetings to educate staff on food taste and preparation methods, attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments; interact directly with guests to ascertain satisfaction. (10%)
7. Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact. (10%)
8. Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors. (10%)
1. Prepare food items.
2. Assist with set-up and cleaning of operational areas.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education: College degree preferably specializing in hotel/restaurant management or culinary arts, or equivalent experience is required.
Experience: Two to three years previous experience in culinary/food & beverage line, supervisory or assistant manager positions.
Skills and Abilities: Requires a working knowledge of division operations as well as Four Seasons cultural and core standards, policies, and standard operating procedures. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job. Requires ability to operate computer equipment and other food & beverage computer systems.Requires the ability to operate and utilize culinary production equipment and tools. Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
No. of employees supervised: 10
Travel required: None
Hours required: Eight to ten hour shifts; scheduled days and work hours may vary based on need.