Executive Chef job Luxury German ski hotel
- base pay $85 - $95K
- boutique ski hotel
- 4 restaurants: Swiss / German Alpine style; Ranch style comfort food; Fine dining seafood; Pan American casual cuisine, + Tapas.
- you MUST have upscale European, Swiss and German cuisine experience
- you MUST HAVe multi unit experience -there are 5 F&B outlets here
- European training required
- this position is open to USA, European and Canadian nationals with the required background
- hotel has farm-to-table garden and a Spa
- hotel has eco friendly Sustainable operating policy
- this is a Leading Hotels of the World LHW property. You must be up to their standards.
- this is a AAA 4 Diamond hotel. You must be up to their standards
- BEFORE YOU APPLY BE SURE TO READ JOB DESCRIPTION BELOW
Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations in all Hotel outlets including Stewarding and the Purchasing department. Exhibits culinary talents by ensuring product quality and consistency from menu development to production. Has financial management skill talent by effectively planning and controlling payroll, food cost, and other expenses, and personnel management skill by developing a strong culinary team and effective delegation to all kitchen team members. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved. Areas of responsibility comprise all hotel restaurants and bar outlets, banquet kitchen, room service (Spa F&B), B Restaurant, Employee Cafeteria, Stewarding and Purchasing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leading Kitchen Operations for all Hotel outlets
Leads kitchen management team. ·
Interviews, hires and fires all culinary employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation
· Provides direction for all day-to-day operations.
· Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
· Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
· Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
· Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
· Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
· Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
· Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
· Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
· Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
· Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
· Demonstrates new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
Setting and Maintaining Goals for Culinary Function and Activities
· Develops and implements guidelines and control procedures for purchasing, stewarding and recycling area.
· Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
· Highly efficient in managing department controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms and equipment.
· Sensitive and firm approach to seasonal business levels and labor scheduling.
· Daily control of payroll expenses.
· Efficiently responds and finds solutions to manage food cost variances.
· Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
· Knows and implements safety standards
For more Chef jobs, European and Swiss / German cuisine Executive chef jobs, check our website http://hospitalityexecutive.com
Join our FINE DINING CHEFS Jobs Group on LinkedIN. More than 18,400 members
Join us on Google+ Plus
Follow US on Twitter to be notified each time there is a new Executive Chef job
end of Swiss / German and American cuisine Executive Chef job, Vail, CO, Colorado